Re: [PCWorks] Computer runs incredibly slow!

  • From: "Clint Hamilton-PCWorks Admin" <PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 05:36:16 -0500

Well your problem is apparently the updates you installed.  You
don't say which you installed.

Don't EVER install more than one update at a time.  As I always
say; any ONE update can bring a PC to a screeching halt with
problems they can cause, and auto updates is a bad idea.
Hopefully you only installed one, and it has an uninstaller so
it can be removed.  (That's why I always post those Secunia
updates because you can read ALL about the updates at the M$
security bulletin page to see if you even need it, and if it
can be uninstalled).

You apparently also don't use ERUNT, something I always "preach
about". ;-)  It will save your butt.

So first you need to uninstall the update(s).  Then after that
try again to do a restore to before they where installed.  Then
if that doesn't fix it, let us know.  If it does fix it,
disable auto updates and do your research into the updates that
are available to see if you actually NEED them, and then,
install ERUNT.
-Clint

God Bless,
Clint Hamilton, Owner