Re: [PCWorks] Can an update be rolled-back in FireFox?

  • From: Ben Moore <bgml46@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 09:00:40 -0400

Which version of Firefox are you running?

On the addons page select appearance on the left and see if you have a
different color scheme installed.

Try the java from this page  http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp  I
would uninstall java first if you've been having problems updating.

For Flash ... it always just saves.  Then you have to run it from the saved
location.  The link you provided includes that stupid McAfee scan thing.
Get the other link on that page.  If you have problems, again, uninstall the
old one although usually you shouldn't have to.

Since you are getting all those weird messages, I assume you've updated to a
more current version of FF.  Firefox is following Chrome in disabling
plugin's and extensions that might cause problems without your permission.
It's the wave of the future, Clint.  You have no control.  I've never gotten
that "some plugins" message.  Of course I keep my plugins updated.  Maybe
it's a message just for you.  ;-)

Both Flash and Java use installers that download the file after you start
the install.  Do you have your system locked down where the installer can't
get out to the download?

Ben

From: "Phill Argus"

Worked for me when one of the add ons I use wasn't compatible
with the
new version for a few days till it (the add on) was updated.

Phill