Re: [PCWorks] Can an update be rolled-back in FireFox?

  • From: "Clint Hamilton-PCWorks Admin" <PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 07:13:01 -0500

Ok thanks Phil.

Well I updated it, and the toolbar changed to some strange
abstract blue color and I can't see how to change it back!  I
can't find any area about skins.

Furthermore, I picked a bookmark at random, and I get this BS
about "Some plugins used by this page are out of date", then I
click to update them, and this PoS tells me it has DISABLED
Java: "For your safety, Firefox has disabled your outdated
version of Java. Please upgrade to the latest version",  (which
goes to
http://www.java.com/en/download/inc/windows_new_xpi.jsp ) and I
can't update it!  The wonderful HELPFUL "An unknown error has
occurred"!  Who the hell is it to disable anything without my
permission??

Then I also see on the page
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/ where it tells me I
need the Java update a bunch of other "necessary" updates such
as Adobe Shockwave, and it also won't update it either!  For
MONTHS I have been trying to update Shockwave
http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ and download is STILL
corrupt!  Except now, it too says the same "unknown error has
occurred" as the Java gave!
http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/download/?installer=Flash_Player_10_for_Other_Browsers&os=XP&browser_type=Gecko&browser_dist=Firefox&d=McAfee_Security_Scan_Plus
"When Opening dialog box appears, click Save File", there is no
"Opening dialog"!!  This is ridiculous.

This is why I hate that browser.

How do I simply get RID of that annoying "Some plugins used by
this page are out of date" message so I never have to see it
again?  And how do I get rid of that blue skin and put it back
to default?

Thanks,
-Clint

God Bless,