Re: [PCWorks] Audio Streaming Problem

  • From: "Clint Hamilton-PCWorks Admin" <PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 06:53:52 -0500

This is confusing because some are deleting too much of the

Vern where do you see a "Windows Media" link?

Tom, unlike before, when I click the "Listen" link at
http://206.217.134.126:8000/ I too am getting a prompt to
download a .pls file!

When I click the "Stream URL" link at that page ^, that goes to
http://therideradio.net/ and when I click the "Click here to
listen" link, then click "Windows Media Player",
(http://loudcity.com/stations/ride-radio/files/show/ride-radio.asx)
it opens but it says "File not found"!

http://listen.mushroomfm.com:8760 appears to be basically the
same page as http://206.217.134.126:8000/ and when I click the
"Listen" link at it, the same thing happens with that .pls
file, HOWEVER, if you chose "Open" for the .pls files, WMP
opens up and plays them.

If I save the .pls file to my PC, and then open it in Metapad,
this is in mine:

[playlist]
NumberOfEntries=1
File1= http://listen.mushroomfm.com:8760/

That's it, nothing else.  The other .pls file for me just has
this in it:

[playlist]
NumberOfEntries=1
File1= http://206.217.134.126:8000/

What is interesting is that link I mentioned above:
http://loudcity.com/stations/ride-radio/files/show/ride-radio.asx ,
if I save it to my PC, it plays!  So I have no idea why it says
"File not found" when clicking it on the webpage.  Tom try
saving the files to your PC and see what happens.  Right click
the links and "Save Target As.....".  Unless the links change,
that may be an easier way of getting to them, but of course if
you still have trouble playing them it won't help all that
much.
-Clint

God Bless,
Clint Hamilton, Owner