-=PCTechTalk=- Server / Network Question

  • From: "Barnstoneworth" <barneystorm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 10:33:17 +0100

Set up my part wired-part wireless network over the weekend...Very, very
simple (Only glitch was the self powered remote USB  receiver which refused
to burst into life until I tried it in a powered hub) and it works superbly
for sharing our broadband connection and file/printer sharing.

The only slight problem I'm having is this. I run my main PC as a server-not
all the time, just as a way of letting people download stuff off me when
necessary. The program I use is called Serv-U and it works very well. The
problem is that since setting the network up, my ISP IP number-which is a
static one- is not showing, it's been replaced  the internal IP number, and
no one can connect to my server.

Anyone any thoughts?

Andy