-=PCTechTalk=- microsoft baseline security analyzer

  • From: "cris" <cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "PCTechTalk" <PCTechTalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 12:56:32 -0400

I found this when I was trying to figure out why microsoft patched the dso
exploit in 2002 and my system gets it anyway...

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/security/tools/Tools/MBSAhome.asp

Microsoft has developed the Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (MBSA).
MBSA Version 1.1.1 includes a graphical and command line interface that can
perform local or remote scans of Windows systems. MBSA runs on Windows 2000,
Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003 systems and will scan for common system
misconfigurations in the following products

'gonna run it now and see what happens...
crisS