-=PCTechTalk=- Re: microsoft baseline security analyzer

  • From: "cris" <cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 13:18:23 -0400

this is what it found - I double checked and every single update in windows
update says - successful - interesting - so now I'll read thru the how do I fix
it areas -
crisS

Computer name:Workgroup\Downstairs
IP address:192.168.1.100
Security report name:Workgroup - Downstairs (09-26-2003 01-09 PM)
Scan date:9/26/2003 1:09 PM
Scanned with MBSA version:1.1.1
Security update database version:1.0.1.500
Security assessment:Severe Risk (One or more critical checks failed.)

Security Update Scan Results

ScoreIssueResult
Windows Security Updates
5 security updates are out of date or could not be confirmed.
What was scannedResult detailsHow to correct this

Windows Media Player Security Updates
No critical security updates are missing.
What was scanned

IIS Security Updates
IIS is not running on this computer.

SQL Server Security Updates
SQL Server is not installed on this computer.

Exchange Server Security Updates
Exchange Server is not installed.

Windows Scan Results

Vulnerabilities

ScoreIssueResult
File System
Not all hard drives are using the NTFS file system.
What was scannedResult detailsHow to correct this

Administrators
More than 2 Administrators were found on this computer.
What was scannedResult detailsHow to correct this

Local Account Password Test
No user accounts have blank or simple passwords.
What was scannedResult details

Guest Account
The Guest account is not disabled on this computer.
What was scanned

Restrict Anonymous
Computer is properly restricting anonymous access.
What was scanned

Autologon
Check is skipped on Windows XP Home Edition computers.
What was scanned

Password Expiration
Check is skipped on Windows XP Home Edition computers.
What was scanned

Additional System Information

ScoreIssueResult
Auditing
Check is skipped on Windows XP Home Edition computers.
What was scannedHow to correct this

Services
No potentially unnecessary services were found.
What was scanned

Shares
8 share(s) are present on your computer.
What was scannedResult detailsHow to correct this

Windows Version
Computer is running Windows 2000 or greater.
What was scanned

Internet Information Services (IIS) Scan Results

ScoreIssueResult
IIS Status
IIS is not running on this computer.

SQL Server Scan Results

ScoreIssueResult
SQL Server Status
SQL Server is not installed on this computer.

Desktop Application Scan Results

Vulnerabilities

ScoreIssueResult
IE Zones
Internet Explorer zones do not have secure settings for some users.
What was scannedResult detailsHow to correct this

Macro Security
2 Microsoft Office product(s) are installed. Some issues were found.
What was scannedResult detailsHow to correct this

Outlook Zones
No Microsoft Office products are installed