-=PCTechTalk=- Re: wyatt Re: Glad to be back

  • From: "Wyatt M. Portendt" <nunyabidness6@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 14:22:30 -0500

Yes, there is always some good.  A guy who heats with wood suddenly has
access to prime firewood that ordinarily would be hard to come by.  Not
many trees here (speaking as someone who lived on the Blue Ridge and
Appalachian mountains most of his life) and the availability of firewood is
negligible and the quality poor most years.  The loss there will be put to
good use by others.

After every "disaster", there is a renewal.  We will plant again and, while
the trees will never get that big again in my lifetime, they will be nice
in a decade or two.  The room that was damaged will be wired better and
have three inches more ceiling clearance, new paint, and new carpet.  Some
kids who ordinarily don't have to do much hard physical labor got a good
taste of the same that will give them a little perspective the next time
they gripe about their chores.  Life is good.

On 8/5/2003 at 10:46 AM a whisper was heard, and the one known as jo was
rumoured to have uttered....