-=PCTechTalk=- Re: wyatt Re: Glad to be back

  • From: "Wyatt M. Portendt" <nunyabidness6@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2003 18:19:33 -0500

The food was our fault.  We overlooked that on the policy.  The trees are
mostly removed now, we'll grind the stumps later.  We lucked out and three
guys cut the biggest parts up in return for the firewood.  They said they
might be interested in doing the same for the remainder of the last big
one, half of which is still standing and still of considerable size.  Even
still, we spent all day cutting and carrying tops and have a pile of
branches in front of the house about 15' X 30' and about 8' high.  By
tomorrow it will be larger, but we'll be done with the back and side yards.

By rights the trees were a valuable part of the property and they should
have given something for them on either removal or landscape value, but,
it's not worth it to fight over it.

On 8/2/2003 at 12:20 AM a whisper was heard, and the one known as Faythe &
Al was rumoured to have uttered....

          |  we found that out too, that they do not cover
          |  anything to do with trees or
          |  removal... after the lightning struck it hit our 1 & only oak
          |  tree bounced
          |  onto the roof & fried that (good thing it had been pouring
          |  rain for a long
          |  time before or the house would of been toast) Out trees were
          |  right behind
          |  the house & the oak was learning toward the house, our back
          |  yard is all up
          |  hill. the lightning traveled down threw the tree & along it
          |  roots right into
          |  the electrical meter & system . I also bounced off the oak &
          |  took out a much
          |  bigger & older maple tree next to it. both had to be cut down
          |  by hand, as
          |  there was no way to get in any type of machinery & then they
          |  just cut it up
          |  into hunks & left it for us to deal with. that was with the
          |  grinding out of
          |  the stumps, just over $3500.00. last year when the tornado
          |  look the next
          |  tree in line, it was all up to us to cut up & remove. We
          |  really miss the
          |  shade those trees offered, esp in summer !
          |
          |  they don't cover food in a refrigerator unless you carry a
          |  rider to cover
          |  it, it is usually under $5.00 a year.
          |
          |  very frustrating, I know... hope you can clean it up with out
          |  anyone getting
          |  hurt .
          |  Good luck
          |  Faythe