-=PCTechTalk=- Re: re organizing my drives/computer project

  • From: "Don Wilcox" <Dwilcox3@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 07:29:35 -0400

Rose,

Two importsnt points:

1.  Live OneCare is a Microsoft server based service.  It will likely
require a Microsoft Passport or whatever they renamed it.  Be sure to read
through the Terms of Service and the Privacy Policy for both OneCare and
Passport.  You might lose your appetite for OneCare.  Remember that
Microsoft is *not* Google and has no committment to "do no evil".  Everytime
I try to do anything anywhere with anything Microsoft I always create a new
"dummy" account.  I probably have created two dozen Passport accounts over
the years and never use the same one twice.  I never provide accurate info
for the accounts.  I now avoid anything Microsoft (except OS and Updates)
because I do not trust them with info about me and I do not like telling
them (or anybody else) lies.

2.  The Norton Removal Tool **will** leave behind traces of Norton
SystemWorks and/or Norton Internet Security Suite.  It will probably leave
behind traces of their stand alone products also.  So do not believe their
announcement that the tool will remove everything.  It doesn't.  Check for
registry entries, files and folders and drivers (especially under non-PnP
device drivers.

Don