-=PCTechTalk=- Re: popup killer program

  • From: "Andy" <barneystorm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 16:44:55 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "kg6ocz" <kg6ocz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, June 16, 2003 3:14 PM
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: popup killer program

> hmmmm.. I use an ISP at the moment that has it's on stopper. so far I
> haven't run into any web pages that refuse to load if their popup is
blocked
> but then I don't get into major duty web surfing either.  I was asking in
> CASE I decide to move to an ISP that doesn't run their own blocker. OR has
> their popups.

I would not subscribe to any ISP that tried to block any websites-It's not
their job to decide what I can see!!

Pop Up Stopper is ok, but it won't stop them all, at least not the free
version, and you will come across the occasional site that won't grant you
access while you have any form of Ad Blocker enabled.

I wonder if the  companies who put pop up stopper ad's as pop up ad's see
the irony?? Somehow, I doubt it!!

Andy