-=PCTechTalk=- Re: popup killer program

  • From: "Andy" <barneystorm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 12:37:13 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: <rockyfit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, June 16, 2003 11:44 AM
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: popup killer program

> Do a search for Popup Stopper and it works and is free.  It is the
> best I have ever found.  It sometimes stops things you want so you
> have to hold the ctrl key when you click on it to get the popup.
> Rocky

Something else I've found is that some sites that rely on pop ups for
funding now stop their page loading, putting a message on the screen to the
effect of 'Ad Blocking software spotted, you must disable this to view this
site'. I tend to think that any site that asks me to do this has something
on their agenda other than giving me the information I want so I decline
their 'offer'!!

Cheers

Andy