-=PCTechTalk=- Re: partition questions

  • From: Jim <n1jmm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 21:53:51 -0500

this is easy to do using partition magic, hard to do otherwise.

partition magic will allow you to resize, move, create, remove, shuffle,
convert the partitions in any order, you can even change between primary
and logical drives now and change formats now all without backing up
(recommended you backup first, but, I've used it for years and never
lost a bit).

If you don't have to use MAX Blast or any other DDO then you should back
up everything you want to keep and remove the maxblast and or any other
DDO's and then start fresh.

As for burning everything to CD's, burn it in smaller groups using
either NERO or your favorite burn program. ZIP things first. DON'T burn
accross multiple CD's unless your experienced in that method and
confident it will work when it comes time to restore the files. Just
remember that any files restored directly from the CD to the HDD will
have the READ-ONLY property set, by ZIPing them first you can retain the
properties and only the ZIP file will have the readonly set but you
won't care about that as you can unzip directly from the CD to the HDD
no need to copy the ZIP's from the CD to the HDD.

-Jim-