-=PCTechTalk=- Re: norton problems

  • From: ~OoO~ <sirtroth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 00:48:37 -0500

Here's something to think about...

There are viruses/spyware/adware that when installed and running will
pretty much do everything and anything to prevent you from downloading
security apps... specifically antivirus and firewall apps. So, very
possible you have something bad underneath the hood.

If you have another system available, I would pull the drive and scan
it. If not, try running a scan from a newly created user account. Or,
another choice would be to do an online scan, although many of these bad
apps usually prevent the online scan as well.

---Troth