-=PCTechTalk=- Re: computer freezing

  • From: "~OoO~" <SirTroth@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 15:05:02 -0400

On a side note... ALT-F4 shuts down the application that you're currently
on. So, if you have Microsoft Word up on the screen, and are in that window
specifically (as opposed to Word being minimized) then ALT-F4 would shut
down Word. For it to shut down the computer, you need to have your focus on
Windows itself... meaning, the desktop. Clicking once on the desktop would
give you just that, or hitting the SHOW DESKTOP icon on the bottom by the
START button would likewise achieve giving Windows the focus. THEN... ALT-F4
will shut down windows.

Other method, of course, would be to hold down the power switch on the
tower, which will automatically bypass the tower's soft switch and shut down
the system, no questions asked. Typically takes about 5 seconds.

~ SirTroth
~ ICQ: 1717439
~ YAHOO: SirTroth
~ SKYPE: SirTroth