-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Windows XP/Dial-up Connection

  • From: "David Weaver" <weaverdj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 14:11:57 -0400

IF that doesn't work there are some other things to try.

1.  Goto the Phone/Modem and try and select the properties of the modem.
If it is installed correctly it will let you see them, if not it will
tell you the modem isn't install correctly or the drivers are corrupt.

2.  If #1 says that everything is okay, then try HyperTerminal to
communicate direct with the COM port that the modem is installed on.  IF
everything comes back fine then my guess would be there is something
wrong with the OS installation.

Dave