-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Windows XP vs. Windows 2000

  • From: "andy" <barneystorm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 12:48:42 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Wyatt M. Portendt" <nunyabidness6@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> The average user grew up on Win 9.X, so 2000 isn't as familiar as XP.

Really?? Graphically, I thought it was VERY close to W9X - you reached all
of the usual functions in the same way. The big problem with W2K when it
came out was the fact that it had so much incompatibility with equipment
that ran under W9X.

If you had someone upgrading from 95 or 98 now, I'd point them to w2K with
confidence  as most of those compatibility issues have gone.indeed, it
probably has LESS compatibility issues than XP.

Andy