-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Windows ME

  • From: "Judith" <jtb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 19:13:17 -0700

Same with the Gateways I've order --Not my old HP though which I
gave to my Grandchildren.  It only had a restore disk. It was a
pain in the tush clearing all my data off it as I did not want
my daughter (who is not all that computer literate) to have to
update Win 98 with all the security and such updates I made over
the years.

It's one of the reasons I changed to Gateway and because PC
World gave this computer model I ordered the very best marks for
Graphics and the only one at the time which had a 500 GB Hard
drive with 1 GB of RAM.

Judith

I've been buying Dell computers for about 6 years now... always
get a Windows installation disc.  One reason I keep buying
Dells.

That is an installation disc.  NOT a recovery disc.  Not a
restore disc. But a full OEM version of Windows.

Don