-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Windows (98se) Protection Error

  • From: Foxhillers@xxxxxxx
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 22:07:05 EDT

In a message dated 8/26/03 9:12:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time, stormy1@xxxxxxx
writes:

> maybe they don't "like" each other? I've had that happen. If it was working
> fine before you put the new chip in and now its not, that just seems the
> most logical cause of the problem. The best way to find out is take the new
> chip out and if it works fine again then you need to find out what your
> other options are for ram. Even though the memory shows up as being there it
> may not be functioning properly.
>
> ~Lacey~

Hiya Lacey
   Well, it sure looks like the problem is in Bank 1.  The system runs fine
with the original 128 in Bank 0 and the 256 in Bank 2.  Putting the other 128
chip that had been in Bank 2 and both of the other chips into Bank 1 causes
Windows to show Explorer errors.

   Any idea of how to verify this or to persuade Bank 1 to join in the fun?

mjh