-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Win Live mail?

  • From: "~Evelyn~" <emartiens@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 13:59:33 -0700

Hi Rose:
Have you seen the new mail?
All my friend claim it will not work.
So  let see.
Hugs Evelyn

----- Original Message -----=20
From: "Tech Rose - LoveBytes" <TechRose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2007 10:47 AM
Subject: -=3DPCTechTalk=3D- Re: Win Live mail?

Evelyn,
IF what you are talking about is REALLY going to happen, you need not =
fret.
You will not see a lot of difference in Windows Mail.
 Perhaps you missed my email of yesterday.
I am copying it below this line here.
Hi all!

I have been reading the thread on Windows Mail.

I very recently got a Vista PC and have been trying to figure it out in =
the=20
middle of life... (just normal stuff.. plus spring cleaning and =
landscaping=20
and...and...and.... lol!  Nothing end of the world..like everyone =
else...=20
just busy..  and I am feeling lazy!)

In any case, the Windows thread had me a bit concerned.  I had done some =

research before getting a Vista machine and I 'thought' changing to =
Windows=20
mail was easy and no real changes as far as I was concerned.

Well, due to the thread I have just moved my contacts over to Windows =
mail=20
and it LOOKS like OE.  It seems to ACT like OE.
I can make and send STATIONERY like in OE.  I sent my two =
daughters-in-law=20
Mother's Day cards/stationery.  It worked just fine.  I bcc'd myself, so =
I=20
know I can also receive stationery.

I moved over my accounts from OE to the Vista machine.  All but two went =

with no problem.  Two said their was a problem and to me, it was easy to =

just type in the two accounts.  (I have all my Jerry's accounts on my=20
computer and all of his on mine.  This way, if one machine dies...(God=20
forbid...knock on wood..knock, knock, knock) we have all the accounts=20
info..besides the email backups we do using Express Assistant)

I moved my .WAB (windows address book) over to the Vista Machine.  That=20
seems to be working fine.  You can add pics to the address book if you =
would=20
like to.  When you are addressing an email on the TO: line you can still =

press the box to the left and it will bring up the address book.

All in all, I do not see much difference.  So, those of you that were=20
concerned about Windows Mail, you can relax now.  Using it seems pretty=20
seamless to me.
Enjoy!
Rose
Las Vegas