-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Win Live mail?

  • From: "Tech Rose - LoveBytes" <TechRose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 10:47:21 -0700

Evelyn,
IF what you are talking about is REALLY going to happen, you need not fret.
You will not see a lot of difference in Windows Mail.
 Perhaps you missed my email of yesterday.
I am copying it below this line here.
Hi all!

I have been reading the thread on Windows Mail.

I very recently got a Vista PC and have been trying to figure it out in the
middle of life... (just normal stuff.. plus spring cleaning and landscaping
and...and...and.... lol!  Nothing end of the world..like everyone else...
just busy..  and I am feeling lazy!)

In any case, the Windows thread had me a bit concerned.  I had done some
research before getting a Vista machine and I 'thought' changing to Windows
mail was easy and no real changes as far as I was concerned.

Well, due to the thread I have just moved my contacts over to Windows mail
and it LOOKS like OE.  It seems to ACT like OE.
I can make and send STATIONERY like in OE.  I sent my two daughters-in-law
Mother's Day cards/stationery.  It worked just fine.  I bcc'd myself, so I
know I can also receive stationery.

I moved over my accounts from OE to the Vista machine.  All but two went
with no problem.  Two said their was a problem and to me, it was easy to
just type in the two accounts.  (I have all my Jerry's accounts on my
computer and all of his on mine.  This way, if one machine dies...(God
forbid...knock on wood..knock, knock, knock) we have all the accounts
info..besides the email backups we do using Express Assistant)

I moved my .WAB (windows address book) over to the Vista Machine.  That
seems to be working fine.  You can add pics to the address book if you would
like to.  When you are addressing an email on the TO: line you can still
press the box to the left and it will bring up the address book.

All in all, I do not see much difference.  So, those of you that were
concerned about Windows Mail, you can relax now.  Using it seems pretty
seamless to me.
Enjoy!
Rose
Las Vegas