-=PCTechTalk=- 2 Two-Line phones (All works fine!)

  • From: HandsomeBlck@xxxxxxx
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 19:54:49 EDT

Hello all,
     Have you ever worked on a project, spent way more time on it than it
should really take? Then have someone solve it in about two minutes? Talk about
feeling, uhm.... Nevermind.
     Well that's what happened to my phone problem. My better half said,
"Just call a phone tech!" The tech came out and fixed the problem before I
could
finish explaining what I had already done. Daaaang!
     So, when you're wanting to have 2 two-line phones working, it's all
about how the splitter is used. First, it doesn't matter if the phone lines are
coming from a modem, or the wall (we'll just call them inputs).
    Take line one from the input and plug it into the side of the splitter
where there are two receptacles. Take a line from the second receptacle and run
it to the second phone's jack labeled "phone 1/2" (line one and two).
     Take a line from the side of the splitter that has only one receptacle,
and run it to the first phone's jack labeled "phone 1/2.
     Take line two from the input and plug it into the first phone's jack
labeled "phone 2". The second phone's jack labeled "phone 2", will be empty.

     I now have use of both phone numbers, on both phones. Still trying to
figure out how to tell my wife how hard it was to figure it out. Maybe I'll be
able to make it sound like it was a mathematic solution. Haha. But most likely,
the only numbers she will be interested in is "how much $$?".

GMan,
     FYI to your last reply. I intend to mount indoor phone and CAT5 boxes
(with receptacle), in my office and in her office. And then run CAT5 cable for
phones and computer out to her office. Any further suggestions before I get my
coveralls on and crawl under the house?

Thanks so much for everyone's help,

HB

 See what's free at