-=PCTechTalk=- Re: 2 Two-Line phones (All works fine!)

  • From: "GMan" <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 23:23:18 -0400

HB,
    First, I'm glad to hear that it's working and I truly appreciate you
explaining the solution for all to see.

    If you plan to run both phone lines AND ethernet (computer), plan to
send two CAT5 cables along that path.  The reason is that the computer cable
will take up all 8 wires on one of the cables while the two phone lines will
need 4 of the wires on the other.  I went to Lowes and bought a bunch of 4
space modular wall plates (it's basically a switch plate with 4 square
spaces for mounting various jacks for cable/ethernet/phone/audio/etc.) and
large bags of related modular phone jacks (RJ-11), coaxial cable jacks &
ethernet jacks (RJ-45).  I also picked up several low power wall switch
boxes (plastic wall boxes without a back surface) to house them at each
mounting location.  If you need the color coding/wiring scheme, just give me
a yell using a better subject line and I'll be happy to provide the input.

Peace,
GMan