-=PCTechTalk=- Re: WIN98se MAJOR issue

  • From: David F Wooledge <wooledge001@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 18:11:33 -0400

When I uninstalled Zone Alarm from the Tower running Windows Server 2003,
it did not uninstall the TrueVector Service.  I had to edit the registry
and then delete the files manually.  You may have better luck.
Dave

From: "~OoO~" <SirTroth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: WIN98se MAJOR issue
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 22:07:58 -0400

Interestingly enough, MS says its ZoneAlarm that's causing your problem.
Here's a link to your exact problem:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=297725
Unfortunately, their recommendation is only to uninstall ZoneAlarm and
the TrueVector Sservice. It doesn't mention what to do if you still have
the problem AFTER uninstalling. The reality is you may have to reinstall.
But, before doing so, make sure that you're not only uninstalling ZA, but
the TrueVector service as well. I would think a regular uninstall would
do the whole thing, but who knows anymore with these software companies.

---Troth