-=PCTechTalk=- Re: WIN98se MAJOR issue

  • From: "~OoO~" <SirTroth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 22:07:58 -0400

Interestingly enough, MS says its ZoneAlarm that's causing your problem. Here's
a link to your exact problem:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=297725
Unfortunately, their recommendation is only to uninstall ZoneAlarm and the
TrueVector Sservice. It doesn't mention what to do if you still have the
problem AFTER uninstalling. The reality is you may have to reinstall. But,
before doing so, make sure that you're not only uninstalling ZA, but the
TrueVector service as well. I would think a regular uninstall would do the
whole thing, but who knows anymore with these software companies.

---Troth