-=PCTechTalk=- Re: " Trying to get rid of Ubuntu "

  • From: GuitarMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 22:38:42 -0400

Hi Rick,
    Ubuntu is one of many distributions of the Linux operating system, which
doesn't include System Restore.  However, your point shouldn't be taken
lightly.  If this particular OS installation was in use for any length of
time, there would most likely be user created files that would need to be
rescued before Formatting over them.

Teri,
    The simplest thing to do is to simply Format the drive.  This can be
accomplished in several ways, the easiest and most complete being that you
should use the bootable software disk that came with the drive (Every
manufacturer includes these disks with retail versions of hard drives).  If
you don't have that anymore (or if you never did), go to the hard drive
maker's website and download a copy.  The included tools will allow you to
remove any and all existing partitions and format the entire drive back to
the way it was when originally purchased.  As stated above, if there's
anything on there that you wish to save, tell us about that before doing any
of the above.

    Once the drive has been returned to Factory specs, you shouldn't have
any trouble installing Linspire.         :O)

Peace,
GMan