-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Trend Micro Slow Down

  • From: dswabc <dswabc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 19:42:42 -0700 (PDT)

Neither the Norton uninstall function nor the
Norton Removal tool removes or
uninstalls everything Norton or Symantec from
your system.   In your device
manager go to view and select to show hidden
devices.   Then look through
the list of Non-Plug and Play drivers.  Anything
that starts with "sym" or
"Norton" should be uninstalled before installing
Trend Micro.

Also search your harddrive for all files/folders
with "Norton", "Symantec"
or any of their abbreviations and acronyms, then
do a good clean of the
registry and run a file cleanup program such as
Steve Gould's Clean-up 4.x.

I would even go so far as to remove any restore
points that might have
Norton stuff in it.

Don