-=PCTechTalk=- Re: The Hanging B....askets of Acronis.

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 21:00:01 -0400

Hi Roger,
    This is a most peculiar state of affairs you find yourself in.  Perhaps
you haven't touched the brandy because your copy of Acronis had already
polished off the bottle.       ;)

    Give the app the ol' three fingered salute (CTRL + ALT + DEL) and see
what the Processes tab can tell you.  If you see something related to the
app, select it and click on the End Task button to put it back to sleep.
You should then be able to run the Repair option which will hopefully sober
the utility back up.

    If that doesn't help, you might try uninstalling/reinstalling, but I'm
not quite sure how that would treat your already set options.

Peace,
Gman