-=PCTechTalk=- The Hanging B....askets of Acronis.

  • From: RMB White <roguer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 12:09:38 +1200

GMan's laudatory message below, reminded me to set up some automatic
incremental backups.

I only got to "My computer" - "Disks and Partitions" when Acronis
decided to HANG.

I tried inserting the Acronis Disk which gave options of "Modify",
"Repair" and "Remove", so chose Repair.
 It worked away for a while then HUNG.  I tried again and it repeated.
I tried "Remove", it came back with
""Another Installation is in progress. You must complete THAT
installation before continuing this"

I tried "Control Panel" -  "Add /Remove Programs" and got the same
message as above.
 (I had NOT touched the brandy)

Has anyone experienced this??  or have any helpful suggestions please??

Roger W