-=PCTechTalk=- Re: online backup sites

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 12:56:51 -0400

I use Acronis True Image Home 11 for most of my backup needs.  It's not
free, but I've seen it on sale for just inder $30 US.

It's fully automated once you set it up.  If you happen to have more than
one external, you can even set it to bounce between them as it backs up to
one of them one night and to the other the next night.  It can be made to
backup as often or as infrequently as you prefer and knows ALL of the tricks
when it comes to storage options (including multiple compression schemes for
fitting more backups into a limited space).  Just set it and forget it.

One more option this program has is the ability to create on-the-fly
sandboxes you can use to try out new software.  It's basically an isolated
area of memory where you can test suspect items without any worry about them
hurting your main system.  If you don't like the results, they vanish when
you close it down.  If you DO like the results, you can tell the utility to
write them to your 'real' system without the need to reinstall the tested
item.  Good stuff for those who like to try out new freeware & shareware!

Having said all that, I have only begun to scratch the surface of what this
awesome backup utility can do.  It's also been hailed as the "best of the
best" in consumer backup solutions.

http://tinyurl.com/5hh5v

Peace,
Gman