-=PCTechTalk=- Re: System has recovered from a serious error

  • From: "Sandi Beach" <sandib2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 08:50:21 -0500

The complete re-install strikes fear in my heart and makes me break out in a
cold sweat!  (only a slight exaggeration).
I have been doing my backups once a month but am overdue by a couple of
weeks.  I will put that on the top of my list.
Wonder if Microsoft would send me a disk with SP3 on it?  If I had such a
disk would that allow me to run the SFC?  How difficult will it be for you
to help me make a slipstreamed SP3 install disk?
This thing with the light going out on the mouse--so you think that is just
a coincidence? Or a part of the total problem?
 Sandi