-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Start Problem?

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 21:47:54 -0400

DJ,
    This problem has nothing to do with the normal voltages, so I wouldn't
expect your readings to be off at all.  It's in how the PS responds to the
closing of the one set of leads that causes the issue.  This issue will be
covered by the warrantee, but get your claim in as soon as possible.
Explain to them that the Power_On signal is faulty and not allowing the rest
of the system to power up on repeated Power button presses.  It's not a
common issue, but it's one that comes up enough that it won't be new to
them.

  'PG' stands for Power Good and indicates how long it takes to verify how
well the PS meets its own specs.  The number should fall somewhere within 0
to ~900ms.  To help clarify that a little, it's a 5V signal that's sent back
tot he mainboard to let it know that all voltages coming to it are known to
be within spec.

    I'm glad to hear the new one is running well.         :O)