-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Start Problem?

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 19:47:40 -0400

I'm just glad I now live in a one floor home.  I grew tired of arriving in
the upstairs hallway only to wonder why I went up there in the first place.
lol

If your case fans have 3 or 4 wires tot hem, it's best to run them from one
of the mainboard headers instead of directly from the PS.  The extra wires
allow the mainboard's BIOS control the fan speeds, so you'll have less noise
when things aren't running too hot, but they'll kick up in speed whenever
you're doing anything computationally intensive.

When you say 'midrange', you're giving me an impression that you're looking
to keep the mainboard price somewhere between $100-150 (US).  Does that
sound about right or is the limit higher or lower than that?  Also, what is
the wattage rating of your PS?