-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Scanner Trouble

  • From: "Judith" <jtb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 16:46:04 -0800

Did the things they mentioned -- changed the win.ini file and
both TWCONF2.INI files which find showed to just have the
information needed.  Restarted my computer and same message
"Twain already in Use."  Computer recognizes scanner and so
does PaperPort Version 7 but when scanner button or through
software scan button and/or Twain devise button is pressed get
the blankety blank message again.

Even found out prior HP scanner was using a serial port and not
using USB but I uninstalled that scanner program just in case
and restarted computer -- still the same message "Twain already
in Use."

No digital camera is attached either.  Any more ideas on where
the conflict could be?

Judith