-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Scan disk freezing

  • From: Robert Carneal <carnealr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 15:55:07 -0600

Well, no thoughts, but just a few comments. Non-technicians tell me
Microsoft did not plan for Win ME to be used after a certain period of
time, therefore were not as "thorough" in making sure the worked well. True
or not, I am one of the users of Win ME.

If I run Defrag, I have never had it complete for me. I have to be in Safe
Mode to do this. That part does not bother me- what I would +love+ to do
though is write a batch file that would do this:

1. Reboot in safe mode
2. Run Defrag for Drive C
3. Run Defrag for Drive D

That is not going to be possible, is it? Rebooting pretty much kills
running the rest of the batch file.

I agree with Rick- Running ScanDisk is not +that+ reliable because it tells
you there are no errors but Defrag claims the opposite.

Robert