-=PCTechTalk=- Re: [Re: OT--conversions]

  • From: "Clint D" <driggars@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 01:09:32 -0500

nightseek
I just seen this post and see that you are talking about gravel. That is a
tuff one, and depends on how wet the materials is when they weigh it but I
can give you a generalization as if I was bidding on a project and I was
covering my but
If you measure the area that you want to fill x's the thickness, divide that
by 27 and then x's that by 2.25 that will give you a ballpark of what you
need in tonnage. Keep in mind that this can vary according to how wet and
the density of the material. Some will need to go x's 2.50  so if your area
comes to 8 Cubic yards in place measure your tonnage will equal aprox. 18
tons. If they haul in trailer trucks then more than likely you would need to
pay for a truck load min. so you will get aprox 22-25 tons, mote than enough
to do the job. If you can get them to just haul the 18 then you are better
off, the only problem being, if their material is heavier @ci then you could
come out short because the yield will be less
I hope that this helps
Clint