-=PCTechTalk=- Re: RAM question

  • From: "GMan" <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 23:14:35 -0500

Tricia,
    Just so you know, WinXP can only handle up to 3GB of RAM.  It's not a
problem if you're thinking about adding 2 more sticks of 512MB or 1GB each,
but you won't be able to go any higher than that.

    Also, your mainboard is designed for dual-channel memory access.  That
means it runs much better when a bank is filled with two matching sticks.
Matching sticks are two identical sticks that have been tested at the
factory for rating compatability and are sold in a single package showing
that they are a matched set.  When you go shopping, be sure to insist on a
matched pair.         :O)

Peace,
GMan