-=PCTechTalk=- Re: RAM question

  • From: ~OoO~ <SirTroth@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 09:59:37 -0500

 From MS Site
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/833721
re: "/3GB" in the boot.ini
"This switch forces x86-based systems to allocate 3 GB of virtual address space
to programs and 1 GB to the kernel and to executive components. A program must
be designed to take advantage of the additional memory address space. With this
switch, user mode programs can access 3 GB of memory instead of the usual 2 GB
that Windows allocates to user mode programs. The switch moves the starting
point of kernel memory to 3 GB. Some configurations of Microsoft Exchange
Server 2003 and Microsoft Windows Server 2003 may require this switch."

======================================
= SirTroth
= ICQ: 1717439
= YAHOO: SirTroth