-=PCTechTalk=- Re: RAM question

  • From: ~OoO~ <SirTroth@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 00:31:08 -0500

Ok... first of all, for an application to benefit from this, it must be
specifically written into the app. So, the benefit of the extra gig will not be
seen always. I would assume it will not be seen MOST of the time.
Anyways... find the boot.ini file which is located in the c:\ root. Open it in
Notepad, and find where it says something like this:

[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional"
/noexecute=optin /fastdetect

Then, add this to the end:

/3GB

So, that the whole line looks like this:

[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional"
/noexecute=optin /fastdetect /3GB

Save.

That's all.

======================================