-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Problems with Windows SP2

  • From: "Cris" <cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 19:42:07 -0400

You're talking about windows messenger - the instant
messenger program.
You can disable it, but can't uninstall it. there are some
web sites that tell you how to uninstall it, but there are
no guarantees because Microsoft has it tied in to IE and OE.

If you go to add remove programs in control panel, to to the
left hand column - add/remove windows components, and
uninstall it there. It doesn't totally uninstall it, but it
should get rid of it on the bottom of your computer.
Cris