-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Problem Installing PHStat 2 on Windows Vista

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 18:27:03 -0400

Ok, the problem seems to be that the system doesn't know what to do with
these two DLL files.  In most cases, it simply means that they are no longer
properly registered, and the install you're trying to accomplish is not
designed to do that for the system.

So, let's first register them manually and then retry the install.

Go to Start > Run.
Type each of the following lines into the Run box text area, pressing Enter
after each one:

regsvr32 oleaut32.dll
regsvr32 stdole2.tlb

Then try installing the program again.

If that doesn't help, we'll have to first unregister them and then
re-register them before trying again.  The unregister command is shown
below, just in case you need it.

Regsvr32 /i /u oleaut32.dll
Regsvr32 /i /u stdole2.tlb

Be sure to let us know how you make out with this.       :)

Peace,
Gman

http://www.thevenusproject.com/index.php

"The entire future of humankind is yet to be written"