-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Problem Installing PHStat 2 on Windows Vista

  • From: "tempting2taanzaa" <tempting2taanzaa@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 23:32:00 -0500

I am reporting back with the results of trying to install the software
without the A/V running...still no go.  I get the same error messages:

"The following files would not self-register or unregister

1. C:\windows\system32\OLEAUT32.dll
Access is denied

2. C:\windows\system32\STDOLE2.tlb
Error Accessing the OLE registry."

I scanned it before starting the setup, turned off the wireless adaptor,
disabled the A/V and ran it as administrator.  Same error messages.  I was
able to install this on my XP laptop.  But, unfortunately, that's not the
laptop I do my school work on. I guess if I have no choice but to work with
two laptops when I use it, I have to...but, it sure would make things easier
if it would install correctly.

in the Subject.