-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Problem Installing PHStat 2 on Windows Vista

  • From: "tempting2taanzaa" <tempting2taanzaa@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 20:56:59 -0500

I did try installing the software by right-clicking and selecting run as
administrator and I still get those two errors.  I tried disconnecting from
the Internet and disabling the firewall (but did not disable the A/V doggone
it!) and still got errors.  If I opt to continue even though those two files
did not self-register (or unregister whichever the case may be) then the
program is completely unstable.  I'll give it a go without the A/V running
and report back what happens.
According to their online materials, it doesn't appear that they aupport
Vista at all.

http://personal.jccmi.edu/tuckeyalanaj/133/Online/Excel_tutorials/phstat_tut
orial.htm#part1

Requirements for using PHStat2:
Windows 98/98SE/ME/NT 4.0/2000/XP Home/XP Pro computer system.

But in another area, they give specific instructions for setting it up on a
Vista system.  That's below, but it makes me wonder how recently they added
Vista support (and therefore, how complete it is)

http://www.prenhall.com/phstat/phstat2_Vista.htm

Special instructions for running the PHStat2 setup program
You must use an administrator account to run the PHStat2 setup program
(setup.exe) to install PHStat2 if you are using the Windows Vista operating
system. If the User Access Control (UAC) feature is activated, you must
choose to allow certain system operations to complete the setup
successfully.

In order to run an .EXE as an Administrator under Vista, right click on the
.EXE file and select "Run As Administrator" from the menu.  I'll also
suggest that you first scan the .EXE file with your AV and then turn off the

AV just prior to running the .EXE file.  Your AV may be getting in the way
of allowing all of the stuff in this install to integrate with the OS.

Peace,
Gman

http://www.thevenusproject.com/index.php

"The entire future of humankind is yet to be written"

in the Subject.