-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Kibitsa - cleaner - indexing for Vista home Premium

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 18:37:05 -0400

Hi Ted,
    I believe the cleaner you're thinking of is CCleaner, since the first
"C" literally refers to the word 'crap'.     lol

http://www.ccleaner.com

    The second part of your question should be found within the Services
area under the name "Indexing".  Double click on the Indexing entry, click
on the Stop button and then change the startup method to Disabled (or
whatever term they use for that state under Vista).  Reboot and you should
get a lot of space back.

Peace,
Gman

http://www.thevenusproject.com/index.php

"The entire future of humankind is yet to be written"