-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Old computer question

  • From: "Andy" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 11:07:23 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jo Ann Weaver" <hillfarm3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2002 4:34 AM
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: Old computer question

> Thanks Andy,=0D
> He will mainly use it for a little net browsing. Since he's never had a
> computer I thought maybe he could just see how well he can do with the
> computer and internet and if he likes it. If so, I'll help him to find a
> faster one later, if not it was free anyway so cost him nothing to try. I
> will pick up a Win 95 disc tommorrow.=0D
> Jo Ann=0D

The trick I find with the lap top thst has this same spec is not to overload
it with programs..if the person in question is new to browsing, put Opera on
as a web browser/e-mail client..this is smaller and less resouce hugging
than any of the other modern ones. If they need an office suite, look at
something like Ability-it does most things that an 'everyday' user could
possibly want, and is iny in comparison to other suites. Take a look at what
runs automatically on start up, and stop anything that doesn't have to run,
and you'll be fine.

Cheers

Andy