-=PCTechTalk=- Re: OT: Lat / Long calculator?

  • From: Master NetLord <NetLord@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 16:24:15 -0400

Terry,

Thanks for the post.  I was intrigued as I'm looking for a GPS system for my
car.  I have a special "mission" in that I want to use it to find locations in
a 27 sq mile area for fire department response.  There are times when I have to
respond from my home, or from local locations and I admit I don't know all the
many streets in my community (and there's lots of streets in the 27 sq mi).
While I didn't find actual GPS systems there, I found many interesting sites
listed and saved several.  Great post for a rainy afternoon netsurf session.

 Regards from the
"Keyboard Cowboy",

 Master NetLord
    ,,,,,,,,
    Ô¿Ô¬
 Cincinnati, Ohio
Scottsdale, Arizona
Saturday
10/19/2002
4:20:58 PM

Most of us miss out on life's big prizes. The Pulitzer. The Nobel.
Oscars. Tonys. Emmys. But we're all eligible for life's small
pleasures. A pat on the back. A kiss behind the ear. A four-pound
bass. A full moon. An empty parking space. A crackling fire. A great
meal. A glorious sunset. Hot soup. Cold beer.

-- Anonymous

|¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥|:0:|¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥|

¤| On Sat, 19 Oct 2002 13:50:59 -0600
¤| Glutathione Miracles wrote:
¤|
¤|  You might try here: http://www-
¤|  sci.lib.uci.edu/HSG/RefCalculators1B.html#NAV under
¤|  Navigation/GPS.  My connection's so slow, it took me 45 minutes
¤|  just to get to this page, so I didn't investigate any further.
¤|
¤|
¤|  Terry
¤|
¤|  ----- Original Message ----- om: Robert Carneal :
¤|  pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx nt: Friday, October 18, 2002 11:31 PM
¤|  bject: -=PCTechTalk=- OT: Lat / Long calculator?
¤|
¤|
¤|
¤|
¤|
¤|
¤|  n anyone help please? We had some small bouts of cemetery
¤|  vandalism at mily cemeteries on farms. (Halloween?) I have taken
¤|  pictures of the ones so they can be put back, but I recently
¤|  bought a GPS device and took cations of the graves.
¤|
¤|
¤|  , does anyone know of a program where I can enter two points, and
¤|  it will ve me direction and distance to walk? I.e., I enter the
¤|  coordinates for int A, and wonder which direction to go for Point
¤|  B, so I enter that int and it will give me something like:
¤|
¤|  , 4,239 feet.  So I get 45 degrees (clockwise) from North (about
¤|  rtheast), and walk 4,239 feet and take a GPS reading again.
¤|  It would be nderful if such a program would work on a PDA. If it
¤|  worked on a PDA and was off, I would have to take a reading and
¤|  calculate how far and rection to walk again.
¤|
¤|
¤|  hope I am making sense. I really am a rookie when it comes to Lat
¤|  and ng coordinates. Thank you, everyone.
¤|
¤|
¤|  is is not a computer inquiry. Please feel free to email me off
¤|  list. I uld appreciate a subject saying "Latlong" or
¤|  "Coordinates>'
¤|
¤|  ank you, everyone.
¤|
¤|
¤|  bert Carneal rnealr@xxxxxxxxxxxx
¤|
¤|
¤|
¤|  ub or change your email settings:
¤|  tp://www.freelists.org/webpage/pctechtalk
¤|
¤|  ess our Archives:
¤|  tp://groups.yahoo.com/group/PCTechTalk/messages/
¤|  tp://www.freelists.org/archives/pctechtalk/
¤|
¤|
¤|
¤|  To unsub or change your email settings:
¤|  //www.freelists.org/webpage/pctechtalk
¤|
¤|  To access our Archives:
¤|  //www.freelists.org/archives/pctechtalk/