-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Installing XP Home

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 13:40:22 -0700

Hi HB,
You will want NAV 2002 minimum, NAV 2003 is now out I recommend going with
the latest version as it has the latest code built in.
You will still need to update it.
You can frequently purchase the Norton System Works for a little more money
which includes NAV, Norton Utilities, Norton SpeedDisk, and the Lite version
of Roxio's Go Back.
Right now there is a mail in rebate coupon for $30 on the box.

WMVCORE.DLL is part of Windows Media Player see;
http://www.kbalertz.com/technology.aspx?tec=238&pNo=3

To get to Compatibility, go to;
Start> Run> Help and Support> under Pick a Task
Click on the;
Find compatible hardware and software for Windows XP

I hope this helps

See my Anti-Virus pages ~ http://virusinfo.hackfix.org
A Technical Support Alliance Member
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/techsupportalliance/

On 19/10/2002 at 3:58 PM HandsomeBlck@xxxxxxx wrote:

Hello all,
I just installed XP Home, with no severe problems.  Whew!  However I have a
few items that i need to fix, and need some help.

What version of Norton Anti Virus works with XP Home?

During the install, WMVCORE.DLL and WMPCORE.DLL "could not copy".  What
does
this mean and what should I do?

How do I get to the "compatibility" section?  Only hardware left to
configure
is my webcam.

Thanks,

HB