-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Mail Washer error

  • From: Master NetLord <NetLord@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 17:35:17 -0400

David,

Actually, I stopped using Mailwasher -- not because it wasn't a good program
(quite the contrary), but because I decided there was no value in:

A)  Notifying SPAMer ISPs -- it didn't slow the SPAM
B)  "bouncing" mail -- it didn't slow SPAM rate down.
C)  Running a second program in front of my E-Mail program -- seemed like extra
effort with no ROI.

It made matters worse that I had to sync everything for the home in Scottsdale
each time I went out there (new filters, etc.).  I just decided to make really
good, thorough filters within Poco and let it do its job to delete SPAM.   The
newest Poco has a "Junk Mailbox" feature that's really nice.  All my filters
point to the junk mailbox and I can review the E-Mails collected to make sure I
don't delete something I want.  I can right click after perusing the collection
and delete them all at once...one click does it all!  This way I only have to
update my mail program between Scottsdale and Cincinnati.......not two programs.

Regards from the
"Keyboard Cowboy",
Master NetLord
,,,,,