-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Long post - Recipe Software

  • From: Keyboard Cowboy <KBCowboy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 20:37:30 -0700

You articulated exactly why I finally decided to invest the money and time in a
program.  I collect cook books and have something around 500 with another 200
here in Arizona.  Then I have a gazillion recipes I've received and kept from
my email recipe lists.  I wanted a way to get back to the good ones I already
own (now let me see.......what cook book was that in.....<G>) and to handle the
tons I receive.
Give it a try, I think you'll love it.  If you have questions, please feel free
to ask.  There are a few processes that may seem clunky, specially when
compared to some other programs.  After you use it a while, they become second
nature and really are simple.  The reason these exist is that they insure the
user doesn't goof up the database.  Programs with fancier GUIs look pretty, but
one thing I found is they occasionally screw up their databases.  That
situation is unacceptable to me.  The developer set this program up such that
you have to close one screen to open another in some cases........and this
insure you don't write data to the database incorrectly.

 Regards,

  Bob -- the "Keyboard Cowboy"
           ,,,,,,
          Ô¿Ô¬'
                 Cincinnati, OH -- Scottsdale, AZ
                              NRA Life Member
 "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone.
The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories."

 -- Thomas Jefferson (Notes on the State of Virginia, Query XIV, 1781)