-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Installed Memory still Crashing with DAZ

  • From: "Judith/agoodread.com" <jtb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 19:20:55 -0700

Computer had a fit again this morning.  Would start up and
shut down immediately.  Tech got it started but I showed
him how the 3D shut down my computer and he said it's the
power supply.  He took it home, tested it with another
power supply and DAZ worked.

So a new power supply is being ordered on Monday and it
should clear up my problems.

2.1.2 is not the graphics driver, it is the version of
OpenGL my video card recognizes.  My Driver from NVidia is
Forceware 175.19 which has a 16-May-08 date and Driver
version is 6.14.11.7519.  175.19 is the latest driver for
my NVidia FX5950 Ultra.

Direct X has also been updated to Version 9.0c-March 2009.
When I downloaded the OpenGL Extensions Viewer 3.0, it
said the Direct X was 2004 so it had to go through a lot
of updates (LOL)

Am I learning more than I ever wanted to know after
spending hours in forums trying to find a solution, you
betcha (smile).  These dang things are supposed to work
right from the get go and forever!!!!
Judith
http://www.agoodread.com